Our new start time of 6 pm seemed to suit more of our community members as 10 people attended.
Tonight we welcomed Veronica as our new Secretary, taking over from Colleen who has moved.
Senior Constable Rob Booth & Constable Gerrard attended our meeting and presented the Crime Report for our area. There has been a decrease in crime over the past year. Perhaps people are heeding the message of Lock It or Lose It. The police have only limited resources and appreciate the vigilant eyes of the community. Remember, if you do see something of concern, report it on 000 (if the event is currently happening), or Policelink on 13-14-44. Your contribution may be a piece in the puzzle of helping to solve a crime. Police would rather you report it than not.
Topics discussed tonight:
- Dogs on Patrol – Sunday 27th August – was a great success and the police were pleased with the response. About 18 police recruits attended and 80 dogs were tagged.
- A reminder: The Gully area of The Village is not an off-leash area for dogs.
- Sunday Sundown – This Sunday 29th October, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Wes Barrett Park, The Village. An engraver will be available to engrave bikes & dog tags.
- Cyclone Sunday – This Sunday 29th October, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Strand Park
- Oonoonba is part of the Stuart 5 NHW and we welcome members from the suburb to attend our meetings.
- Stuart 5 NHW Christmas dinner – Tuesday 21st November, 6:30 pm, Oonoonba Hotel
Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. Our meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the even months at 6:00 pm at The Village Sales & Information Office, 12 Riveredge Boulevard, Oonoonba.
Our 2018 meetings are:
April 17th (allowing for Anzac Day the following week)
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting in February 2018!